- We are so vain that we even care for the opinions of those we don't care for.
- Marie Egner von Eschenbach
- I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true.
- Katherine Hepburn
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- A gossip is someone who talks to you about others, a bore is someone who talks to you about himself, and a brilliant conversationalist is one who talks to you about yourself.
- Lisa Kirk
- Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it is good only for wallowing in.
- Katherine Mansfield
- You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
- Mary Tyler Moore
- The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next.
- Ursula K LeGuin
- The average man is more interested in a woman who interested in him than he is in a woman - any woman - with beautiful legs.
- Marlene Dietrich
- If I don't have friends, then I ain't got nothin'.
- Billie Holiday
- Many are saved from sin by being so inept at it.
- Mignon McLaughlin
- If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time.
- Edith Wharton
- The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything...or nothing.
- Nancy Astor
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
- Margaret Thatcher
- To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.
- Emily Dickinson
- Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa
- Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow talent to the dark place where it leads.
- Erica Jong
- Life is the only real counsellor; wisdom unfiltered through personal experience does not become a part of the moral tissue.
- Edith Wharton
- If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
- Anne Bradstreet
- Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you go wrong.
- Ella Fitzgerald
Womens Quotes page 16