- "When women go wrong, men go right after them."
- Mae West
- "She looked as if she'd been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say when."
- P.G. Wodehouse
- "Some women hold up dresses that are so ugly and they always say the same thing: 'This looks much better on.' On what? On fire?"
- Rita Rudner
- "Women are like elephants. Everyone likes to look at them but no-one likes to have to keep one."
- W.C. Fields
- "Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
- Charlotte Whitton
- "Women complain about PMS, but I think of it as the only time of the month when I can be myself."
- Roseanne Barr
- "A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's - That's because she changes it more often."
- Oliver Hereford
- "My wife is the sort of woman who gives necrophillia a bad name."
- Patrick Murray
- "Women are all female impersonators to some degree."
- Susan Brownmiller
- "Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry."
- Gloria Steinem
- "A young man asked me: 'What in your opinion is the ideal husband?
I cast about hastily in my mind and then replied, 'Why - no husband at all."
- Gertrude Atherton
- "Any girl can look glamours. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."
- Hedy Lamarr
- "There is no slave, after all, like a wife."
- Mary Boykin Chestnut
- "People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
- Rebecca West
- "No woman should say, 'I am but a woman!' But a woman!
What more could you ask to be?"
- Maria Mithchell
- "If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these women together ought to be able to turn it back, and get it right side up again."
- Sojourner Truth
Womens Quotes Page 4