- Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only what you are expecting to give - which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving.
- Katherine Hepburn
- And who knows? Somewhere out there in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow in my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the president's spouse. I wish him well.
- Barbara Bush (address to Wellesley College)
- They sicken of the calm, who know the storm.
- Dorothy Parker
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- Mother Teresa
- When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Marrying a man is like buying something you've been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn't always go with everything else in the house.
- Jean Kerr
- I am only one; but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
I will not refuse to do something I can do.
- Helen Keller
- Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.
- Oprah Winfrey
- All my life I've wanted to be somebody. But I see now I should have been more specific.
- Jane Wagner
- Though jealousy be produced by love, as ashes are by fire, yet jealousy extinguishes love as ashes smother the flame.
- Margaret of Navarre
- Love doesn't sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.
- Ursula K Le Guin
- Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.
- Doris Lessing
- Getting along with men isn't what's truly important. The vital knowledge is how to get along with one man.
- Phyllis McGinley
- But the problem is that when I go around and speak on campuses, I still don't get young men standing up and saying, 'How can I combine career and family?'
- Gertrude Stein
- He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.
- Bessie Anderson Stanley
- Striving for exellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralising.
- Harriet Bruiker
Womens Quotes page 9