- It is really asking too much of a woman to expect her to bring up her husband and her children too.
- Lillian Bell
- The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
- Dorothy Nevill
- A committee takes hours to put into minutes what can be done in seconds.
- Judy Castrina
- The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you'll grow out of it.
- Doris Day
- As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world.
- Virginia Woolf
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Muriel Strode
- When a woman behaves like a man, why doesn't she behave like a nice man?
- Edith Evans
- The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The freedom of the press works in such a way that there is not much freedom form it.
- Princess Grace of Monaco
- Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself.
- Oprah Winfrey
- Women's virtue is man's greatest invention.
- Cornelia Otis Skinner
- Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.
- Helen Gurley Brown
- There's one thing to be said for inviting trouble: it generally accepts.
- May Maloo
- Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
- Rita Mae Brown
- Failing to plan is planning to fail.
- Effie Jones
- The world is round, and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.
- Ivy Baker Priest
- There is no point at which you can say, 'Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap.'
- Carrie Fisher
- I hate housework! You make the beds, you do the dishes, and six months later you have to start all over again.
- Joan Rivers
- And all the loveliest things there be
Come simply, so it seems to me.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
- I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
- Emma Goldman
Womens Quotes page 14