- He who angers you conquers you.
- Sister Elizabeth Kenny
- The worst part of success is to try to find someone who is happy for you.
- Bette Midler
- I love children: especially when they cry, for then someone takes them away.
- Nancy Mitford
- I never realised until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex.
- Katherine Hepburn
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart.
- Helen Keller
- The woman whose behaviour indicates that she will make a scene if she is told the truth asks to be deceived.
- Elizabeth Jenkins
- Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
- Erica Jong
- Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us worthy evidence of the fact.
- George Eliot
- I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.
- Carrie Fisher
- He who laughs last didn't get it.
- Helen Giangregorio
- What a lot we lost when we stopped writing letters. You can't reread a phone call.
- Liz Carpenter
- I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.
- Jane Austen
- I am a marvellus housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Most women set out to try to change a man, and once they have changed him they don't like him.
- Marlene Dietrich
- Language is a wonderful thing. It can be used to express thoughts, to conceal thoughts, but more often, to replace thinking.
- Kelly Fordyce
- Women have served all these centuries as looking-glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size.
- Virginia Woolf
- Loneliness is the universal problem of rich people.
- Joan COllins
- Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.
- Grandma Moses
Womens Quotes page 15