- "Every woman, if forced to, can do more than she ever thought she could. In running my business I just used common sense, a man would call it "horse sense."
- Rose Knox
- "To stand at the edge of the sea...is to have knowledge of things that are as eternal as any earthly life can be."
- Rachel Carson
- "My world did not shrink because I was a black female writer. It just got bigger."
- Toni Morrison
- "I fall, I stand still… I trudge on. I gain a little… I get more eager and climb higher and begin to see the widening horizon. Every struggle is a victory." "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
- Helen Keller
- "It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth, and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, that we will begin to live each day to the fullest; as if it was the only one we had." "There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from."
- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- "…I want to say to every Negro woman present, don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come…Get up and make them!"
- Madame C.J. Walker
- "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship."
- Louisa May Alcott
- "If society will not admit of woman's free development, then society must be remodeled."
- Elizabeth Blackwell
- How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
- Coco Chanel
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Remember your dreams.
- Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey
- We don't see things as they are.
We see them as we are.
- Anais Nin
- My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors.
- Bette Midler
- I guess walking slow getting married is because it gives you time to maybe change your mind.
- Virginia Cary Hudson
- There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
- Jane Austen
- There is a way to look at the past
Don't hide from it. It will not catch you if you don't repeat it.
- Pearl Bailey
- If you're going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now.
- Marie Osmond
Womens Quotes page 8